Re: Anything available for the FT990?

  • ve3tmt
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
      Hi Tony,

      I'd be all for the 455 version but I'm not sure my eyes are good enough anymore to build the kit. Has anyone tapped the 990 for this purpose before?

      Max

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      > Hi Max,
      >
      > We can cover the 455 kHz IF with one of the IF versions of the Lite II.
      > The 47.21 Mhz IF is too hight for the Lite II but with a suitable crystal
      > the 10.94 MHz IF would be good. The crystal frequency would need to be
      > about (4/3)*(10.94+/-0.02) MHz. For example a crystal of 14.56 MHz would
      > provide a 1/3 sub-harmonic sampled center frequency of about 10.92 MHz, 20
      > kHz offset from the IF center frequency.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG
      >
      > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM, ve3tmt <ve3tmt@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hi Tony,
      > >
      > > There are three in the FT990 - 47.21 MHz, 10.94076 MHz on 455 KHz.
      > >
      > > Not sure if anyone in the group has had success in tapping any of these
      > > IF's but I would be interested in a kit to do so. I used one of your kits
      > > in my TS2000 and it worked very nice. Bandwidth on the 990 is kind of
      > > limited.
      > >
      > > Max
      > >

      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Max,
      > > >
      > > > Are you wanting to process the FT990 IF signals? If so, what is the IF
      > > > center frequency?
      > > >
      > > > 73,
      > > > Tony KB9YIG

    • Parks, Tony
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
        Hi Max,

        Not sure if the Lite II has been used with the 990.  The SoftRock40 Yahoo group would be a good place to post the question concerning using a Softrock with the 990.

        I have built hundreds of the kits so if you would like one built I would built it with attached cables for about $35 total which would include the price of the kit, something for my labor and postage to Canada.

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG

        On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM, ve3tmt <ve3tmt@...> wrote:

        Hi Tony,

        I'd be all for the 455 version but I'm not sure my eyes are good enough anymore to build the kit. Has anyone tapped the 990 for this purpose before?

        Max

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

        > Hi Max,
        >
        > We can cover the 455 kHz IF with one of the IF versions of the Lite II.
        > The 47.21 Mhz IF is too hight for the Lite II but with a suitable crystal
        > the 10.94 MHz IF would be good. The crystal frequency would need to be
        > about (4/3)*(10.94+/-0.02) MHz. For example a crystal of 14.56 MHz would
        > provide a 1/3 sub-harmonic sampled center frequency of about 10.92 MHz, 20
        > kHz offset from the IF center frequency.
        >
        > 73,
        > Tony KB9YIG
        >
        > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM, ve3tmt <ve3tmt@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **

        > > Hi Tony,
        > >
        > > There are three in the FT990 - 47.21 MHz, 10.94076 MHz on 455 KHz.
        > >
        > > Not sure if anyone in the group has had success in tapping any of these
        > > IF's but I would be interested in a kit to do so. I used one of your kits
        > > in my TS2000 and it worked very nice. Bandwidth on the 990 is kind of
        > > limited.
        > >
        > > Max
        > >

        > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Max,
        > > >
        > > > Are you wanting to process the FT990 IF signals? If so, what is the IF
        > > > center frequency?
        > > >
        > > > 73,
        > > > Tony KB9YIG

      • ve3tmt
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
          Hi Tony,

          I'll take you up on the offer. Email me direct with payment details,

          Thank you for the offer.

        • Parks, Tony
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
            Hi Max,

            Is it the 455 kHz version that you are wanting?  IF so, PayPal $35 to orders@... to have a built 455 kHZ, (464 kHz Lite II center frequency), mailed early this coming week.

            Thanks and 73,
            Tony KB9YIG

            On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM, ve3tmt <ve3tmt@...> wrote:

            Hi Tony,

            I'll take you up on the offer. Email me direct with payment details,

            Thank you for the offer.

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

            > Hi Max,
            >
            > Not sure if the Lite II has been used with the 990. The SoftRock40 Yahoo
            > group would be a good place to post the question concerning using a
            > Softrock with the 990.
            >
            > I have built hundreds of the kits so if you would like one built I would
            > built it with attached cables for about $35 total which would include the
            > price of the kit, something for my labor and postage to Canada.
            >
            > 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG
            >
            > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM, ve3tmt <ve3tmt@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi Tony,
            > >
            > > I'd be all for the 455 version but I'm not sure my eyes are good enough
            > > anymore to build the kit. Has anyone tapped the 990 for this purpose before?
            > >

            > > Max
            > >
            > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Max,
            > > >
            > > > We can cover the 455 kHz IF with one of the IF versions of the Lite II.
            > > > The 47.21 Mhz IF is too hight for the Lite II but with a suitable crystal
            > > > the 10.94 MHz IF would be good. The crystal frequency would need to be
            > > > about (4/3)*(10.94+/-0.02) MHz. For example a crystal of 14.56 MHz would
            > > > provide a 1/3 sub-harmonic sampled center frequency of about 10.92 MHz,
            > > 20
            > > > kHz offset from the IF center frequency.
            > > >
            > > > 73,
            > > > Tony KB9YIG

            > > kits

            > > IF