Re: [softrock40] *FOR SALE* Softrock kits

  • John Shadle
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2013
      Hi Adam,
      The version of the Combined Lite is similar (yet different) from the one sold by KB9YIG. This was kitted by NorCal QRP.

      If folks are interested in the lot, then there is a savings to be had. There is also the opportunity to save on shipping charges if you are interested in the RX and the enclosure, which are sold by two different folks (KB9YIG and KM5H, respectively).

      Thanks.
      -john

      On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Adam Jacobs <adam@...> wrote:
      I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but I am confused. What is the value add here? These prices seem to be either identical or (in the case of the Combined Lite) more than what five dash charges.

      -Adam W7QI

      On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM, John Shadle <shadle@...> wrote:

      All kits are unbuilt and from a NON-SMOKING home. Individual prices listed below (shipping will be charged at actual cost). Purchase all for $140 + shipping.

      Softrock Combined Lite II RX -- $25
      - choose a band (20, 30, 40, 80, 160) at time of build
      - kitted by NorCal QRP

      RX Ensemble II enclosure -- $20 [2 available]
      - if you already own an RX Ensemble II, this is a nice enclosure
      http://km5h.softrockradio.org/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

      RX Ensemble II -- $67 ($87 including 1 of the above-mentioned enclosures)
      - choose LF (180kHz to 3.0MHz) or HF (1.8MHz to 30MHz) operation at time of build
      - silk-screened enclosure by KM5H (see link above)

      Softrock 40_R (20m RX) -- $19
      - The kit includes all components, a 2 foot long audio cable with a 3.5mm stereo plug on one end, and a two foot length of antenna coax

      Photos available here:
      <https://plus.google.com/photos/105342513599336063298/albums/5857086906972798593?authkey=CL2x5J7-ksqZ_gE>

      73
      -john W4PAH