Re: [softrock40] Re: HDSDR 2.60 released

  • EB4APL
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
      Hi,

      Since English is not my prime language I'll try to explain it with an
      example:
      - I tune to 118.075, a local airport tower with the center frequency set
      to 117.200.
      - After a while I want to remain listening on 118.075 but I want to have
      more spectrum margin to the right where other frequencies like Approach
      at 118.525 and others are located.
      - Just with a right click pointing a convenient place in the spectrum I
      move the spectrum coverage without losing my tune in 118.075. I can do
      it in various steps if I want, of course the limit is the bandwidth
      imposed by the sampling rate.
      The important thing here is that you don't lose the channel that you are
      listening to. Of course you can move the LO using a number of options
      but you need to remember where you were and enter it again. You can move
      the place where your tunning is located in the spectrum span and see
      what happens above or below it, all in one operation that becomes automatic.
      It is also useful when recovering a frequency from the Frequency
      Manager and you want to relocate your spectrum.
      I don't know if this example is illustrative enough, but the same is
      applicable to exploring an HF ham band while listening on a spot and a
      number of situations.

      And just a remainder, could you make customizable the database location,
      including the pathname in the profile? Using different H/W for HF and
      V-UHF to have separate databases is very convenient (I already do it
      renaming it but it is cumbersome and prone to fatal errors.

      Best regards,
      Ignacio EB4APL