HDSDR 2.60 released

  • lc_hdsdr
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
      Hi all,

      a new version of HDSDR released:

      - DC Removal option with adjustable bandwidth (see Options->Channel Calibration for RX)
      - renamed (existing) 'NB' to 'NB RF'
      - additional Noiseblanker 'NB IF'
      - NB, NR and other functions now on single slider in main window
      - FM bandwidth adjustable independently from HiCut (click FM button again to see slider)
      - new option: Tune fixed to 'LO <-> Tune offset'
      - Right click on RF display sets Tune frequency - by changing LO frequency - keeping LO <-> Tune offset
      - 192kHz output sampling rate allows wider IF recording
      - Output sampling rate is saved/restored for each mode
      - added output channel mode (for RX) for audio (listening) and I/Q output (digimode software)
      - improved LO frequency calibration
      - Phase clock back on "RF Frontend & Calibration" dialog (see Options)
      - extended ExtIO interface: Sampling Rate, MGC, AGC, ...
      - Sync with OmniRig also on unsupported modes
      - IF offsets per mode - now usable without OmniRig, too
      - several new visualization options:
      - RF/AF displays can be swapped or switched off
      - added compact mode - without RF+AF display (Shift+X)
      - enhanced waterfall: added TimeStamps and mouse position shows time & frequency
      - waterfall color scale just depending on spectrum range (deactivating brightness/contrast), for noise level observation
      - optimizations for Remote Desktop (RDP) usage (see Options->visualization)
      - clock display in UTC or local time (see Misc Options)
      - ECSS improved
      - fix: AF record level is no longer affected by volume slider
      - fixed Frequency Manager
      - many other fixes and improvements
    • MIKE DURKIN
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
        can you set repeater offset for VHF/UHF repeaters? Rx/Tx ?

        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
          Hi,

          The new feature:
          " - Right click on RF display sets Tune frequency - by changing LO
          frequency - keeping LO <-> Tune offset"
          has removed the current use of the Right click on the RF display, namely
          "Set the LO to the pointed frequency without losing the station you are
          tuned to", (if possible, of course).
          Is this capability still available, maybe using a combination of keys or
          configuring an option? I'm used to it and found it very convenient.

          And the usual thanks to the project team, not for repeated many times
          are less deserved.
          73 de Ignacio EB4APL

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
            Hi Ignacio,

            i'm surprised that the old function was used. It was very difficult to understand what is happening ..
            The old function got removed completely. Can you explain (maybe directly via email) for what purpose you were using it?

            kind regards,
            LC

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > The new feature:
            > " - Right click on RF display sets Tune frequency - by changing LO
            > frequency - keeping LO <-> Tune offset"
            > has removed the current use of the Right click on the RF display, namely
            > "Set the LO to the pointed frequency without losing the station you are
            > tuned to", (if possible, of course).
            > Is this capability still available, maybe using a combination of keys or
            > configuring an option? I'm used to it and found it very convenient.
            >
            > And the usual thanks to the project team, not for repeated many times
            > are less deserved.
            > 73 de Ignacio EB4APL
          • lc_hdsdr
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
              Hi Mike,

              there's no repeater offset. I'll add this to our list.

              kind regards,
              LC

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

              > can you set repeater offset for VHF/UHF repeaters? Rx/Tx ?
            • Chris Wilson
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013

                > Hi Mike,

                > there's no repeater offset. I'll add this to our list.

                > kind regards,
                > LC

                26/03/2013 06:55 AM

                I often connect to my Kenwood TS-590 transceiver remotely, and track
                it using a Softrock and HDSDR as a bandscope, allowing HDSR control of
                the rig's tuning. All is well if I start HDSDR from the host computer,
                but if I try and start / restart it on the host PC from the remote PC
                using Windows Remote Desktop, it starts with no sound card drivers
                found error. Indeed, the Sound Card box shows just a single Microsoft
                RDP audio driver listed, whatever that is. I am also not sure if Omni
                Rig is loading properly when started by Remote Desktop. Is there a
                work around, or is this a known issue? 2.60 does not seem to resolve
                this. OS is Windows XP Pro on both PC's. Great programme that gives a
                lot of enjoyment. Thanks!
              • Chris Wilson
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013

                  >> Hi Mike,

                  >> there's no repeater offset. I'll add this to our list.

                  >> kind regards,
                  >> LC

                  > 26/03/2013 06:55 AM

                  > I often connect to my Kenwood TS-590 transceiver remotely, and track
                  > it using a Softrock and HDSDR as a bandscope, allowing HDSR control of
                  > the rig's tuning. All is well if I start HDSDR from the host computer,
                  > but if I try and start / restart it on the host PC from the remote PC
                  > using Windows Remote Desktop, it starts with no sound card drivers
                  > found error. Indeed, the Sound Card box shows just a single Microsoft
                  > RDP audio driver listed, whatever that is. I am also not sure if Omni
                  > Rig is loading properly when started by Remote Desktop. Is there a
                  > work around, or is this a known issue? 2.60 does not seem to resolve
                  > this. OS is Windows XP Pro on both PC's. Great programme that gives a
                  > lot of enjoyment. Thanks!

                  26/03/2013 14:49

                  I am replying to my own post or the record. I also contacted the
                  developers of HDSDR and received a very prompt reply from Mario of
                  HDSDR. The issue I was seeing was in fact nothing to do with HDSDR,
                  but a setting in Windows Remote Desktop itself. I needed to go into
                  "Options" and change the sound settings to "Leave at Remote Computer".

                  Changing this from how I had it set previously which was "Bring to
                  This Computer" has fixed this issue.

                  Thanks Mario!!

                  --
                  Best Regards,
                  Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
                    Hi,

                    Since English is not my prime language I'll try to explain it with an
                    example:
                    - I tune to 118.075, a local airport tower with the center frequency set
                    to 117.200.
                    - After a while I want to remain listening on 118.075 but I want to have
                    more spectrum margin to the right where other frequencies like Approach
                    at 118.525 and others are located.
                    - Just with a right click pointing a convenient place in the spectrum I
                    move the spectrum coverage without losing my tune in 118.075. I can do
                    it in various steps if I want, of course the limit is the bandwidth
                    imposed by the sampling rate.
                    The important thing here is that you don't lose the channel that you are
                    listening to. Of course you can move the LO using a number of options
                    but you need to remember where you were and enter it again. You can move
                    the place where your tunning is located in the spectrum span and see
                    what happens above or below it, all in one operation that becomes automatic.
                    It is also useful when recovering a frequency from the Frequency
                    Manager and you want to relocate your spectrum.
                    I don't know if this example is illustrative enough, but the same is
                    applicable to exploring an HF ham band while listening on a spot and a
                    number of situations.

                    And just a remainder, could you make customizable the database location,
                    including the pathname in the profile? Using different H/W for HF and
                    V-UHF to have separate databases is very convenient (I already do it
                    renaming it but it is cumbersome and prone to fatal errors.

                    Best regards,
                    Ignacio EB4APL