Re: [softrock40] 2013 MicroHAMS Digital Conference - March 23

  • David Turnbull
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
      Ward's new wiki is unlike any other wiki you've seen before. He uses it to log data from arduinos, as an oscilloscope, and more. The original wiki was invented by Ward K9OX as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward_Cunningham

      The demo can send PSK31 or a tuning tone, set the frequency, and configure phase/balance settings of a Peaberry SDR.

      The trwadio.rb file runs without the wiki so you can study it or use it in your own apps:

      On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM, James Hall <hall.jamesr@...> wrote:

      In what way was wiki software controlling an HF radio?

      On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

      We went and presented wiki software controlling an HF radio. Video was
      taken but there's 16+ hours of footage to edit so it'll be some time
      before it appears on the web.

      Jeremy McDermond's presentation was entirely about the Raspberry Pi.
      He told us about problems with the Pi's ethernet system. The UDR56K
      guys also talked about their decision to not use the Broadcom chipset
      in the Pi because of ethernet performance limitations.

      We had to reboot our system several times throughout the day. It kept
      dropping off the network. Indeed, it decided to drop of the network
      during the presentation. The demo was active for the rest of the day
      and people were able to see it function during lunch and breaks.

      73 David AE9RB