Re: Wierd I/Q Balance

  • pmackanos
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 22, 2013
      > The main thing that affects balance seems to be the antenna. Or was your sig gen test without the antenna?

      Yes, direct into the RXTX, disconnected antenna.

      Paul K2DB

      > There is not much in the RX to affect phase balance. Try rewinding the transformer maybe try replacing the capacitor that isolates the centre tap first.

      I will try that when I get a chance,

      Thanks for the feedback !!!
    • vbifyz
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22, 2013
        High and variable phase imbalance can be a symptom of a soundcard that needs 1 sample delay.
        There are soundcards out there that have fractional sample delay between channels (IDT/Sigmatel, used in many laptops), again resulting in variable phase imbalance that can not be compensated by any existing software.

        73, Mike

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 22, 2013
          > High and variable phase imbalance can be a symptom of a soundcard that needs 1 sample delay.
          > There are soundcards out there that have fractional sample delay between channels (IDT/Sigmatel, used in many laptops), again
          > resulting in variable phase imbalance that can not be compensated by any existing software.

          Yes, I should have thought of that.
          Try the sample delay settings.