Re: Ensemble/FlDigi/pwrsdr question

  • richard.lawn@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21 5:22 PM
      TNX everyone for the helpful replies. I now have my Ensemble calibrated, though still not sure how to balance/calibrate the IQ transmit lines especially since Rocky will not work with my sound card. I'd also like to know how much output to expect on 40, 30 and 20 meters. I think I'm in the ballpark but not sure.

      I installed a 3rd VAC and that seems to have solved the problem in Fldigi that for some reason would not see any available virtual audio lines in the Playback options. I think it may be time to consider buying a good used Windows only laptop as my MacBook Pro on occasion makes things even more complicated than they should be especially when it comes to the sound cards.

      Rick
      W2JAZ

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22 12:10 AM
        Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble/FlDigi/pwrsdr question

        > TNX everyone for the helpful replies. I now have my Ensemble calibrated, though still not sure how to balance/calibrate the IQ
        > transmit lines especially since Rocky will not work with my sound card.

        Rick,

        TX image rejection is not a one-time setting.
        It will need checking on each band and for every setup you use.
        It is a good idea to get used to the HDSDR RX image adjustment first. Juggling the settings can seem to be impossible.

        I'd also like to know how much output to expect on 40, 30 and 20 meters. I think I'm in the ballpark but not sure.

        Some push the little BS700s hard. But unless you are sure about your spurii 1/2 watt on SSB, 1 watt on CW has been the
        recommendation.