Re: [softrock40] Ensemble/FlDigi/pwrsdr question

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 20, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 31 KB
    ----- Original Message -----
    Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble/FlDigi/pwrsdr question

    > Now that everything appears to be working on my ensemble RXTX I'm trying to sort out vac and its relationship to powersdr and
    > FlDigi. Why do. See line 1 and line 2 in the vac panel of te powersdr setup but I only see one vac line in the receive
    > configuration of FlDigi?
    >
    > I also don think my softrock is aligne d properly as I'm hearing psk signals around 14.065 or so.

    Rick,

    If you have 2 cables it should be like the attached.

    Calibration must only be done with CFGSR Here https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/calibrating-the-softrock-si570-usb-controller
    are the methods. Note that "Calibrate A" will get you fairly close.

    73 Alan G4ZFQ
  • warrenallgyer
    Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
      Rick and John

      You can shorten this a bit and be more precise if you:

      1) Tune the carrier of WWV in the CW mode and then press "CW Zap" to tune it precisely.

      2) Then in CFGSR go to the calibrate window and set the "Should be" window to 5, 10, or whichever frequency you have tuned and hit calibrate.

      This makes it a one step and very precise process.

      Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

    • richard.lawn@ymail.com
      Message 3 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
        TNX everyone for the helpful replies. I now have my Ensemble calibrated, though still not sure how to balance/calibrate the IQ transmit lines especially since Rocky will not work with my sound card. I'd also like to know how much output to expect on 40, 30 and 20 meters. I think I'm in the ballpark but not sure.

        I installed a 3rd VAC and that seems to have solved the problem in Fldigi that for some reason would not see any available virtual audio lines in the Playback options. I think it may be time to consider buying a good used Windows only laptop as my MacBook Pro on occasion makes things even more complicated than they should be especially when it comes to the sound cards.

        Rick
        W2JAZ

        Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
          Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble/FlDigi/pwrsdr question

          > TNX everyone for the helpful replies. I now have my Ensemble calibrated, though still not sure how to balance/calibrate the IQ
          > transmit lines especially since Rocky will not work with my sound card.

          Rick,

          TX image rejection is not a one-time setting.
          It will need checking on each band and for every setup you use.
          It is a good idea to get used to the HDSDR RX image adjustment first. Juggling the settings can seem to be impossible.

          I'd also like to know how much output to expect on 40, 30 and 20 meters. I think I'm in the ballpark but not sure.

          Some push the little BS700s hard. But unless you are sure about your spurii 1/2 watt on SSB, 1 watt on CW has been the
          recommendation.