Re: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 Interface module question

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 20, 2013
      Creative often has refurbs on their web site and they are fufilled thru Amazon. That is what I did. I installed the Creative drivers but not the rest of the bloat so that I could have output volume control. Native XP would not allow volume control.

      John - ke5ssh
      On 3/20/2013 7:55 AM, GregT wrote:

      Thanks John. That is the less expensive between the two! Works for me!

      Greg, KF5OXI

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:

      > I am using the 5.1 Pro. works well. Not saying that the other does not...
      >
      > John - ke5ssh
      > On 3/19/2013 6:34 PM, JustAGuy wrote:
      > >
      > > I've been digging through the list for the answer to the same
      > > question. After looking up the Creative Labs XiFi USB I found two
      > > models that fit the description. There's the Creative Sound Blaster
      > > X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240
      > > (http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-System-SB1240) and the
      > > Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Audio System with THX
      > > SB1095(http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Surround-System-SB1095).
      > > Which one works? Both? Neither? :).
      > >
      > > Greg
      > > KF5OXI
      > >
      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, John Greusel <greusel@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > David,
      > > >
      > > > Many people (including me) are happy with the Creative Labs XiFi USB
      > > soundcard.
      > > > It's inexpensive and works reliably- just don't install any software
      > > from Creative- let Windows use the drivers it has.
      > > >
      > > > John
      > > > KC9OJV

      > > > ________________________________

    • David.Lopez
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 30, 2013
        Thanks, for the report. I was not sure if I could use this sound
        card. I had other sound cards in sight but when I asked here they
        said it would not work. Now I know that this sound card will work
        fine. I will search for the sound card mod to see how much of an
        effort it will be before I go ahead and buy this sound card. I am
        sure I will be able to handle it but just in case it will be a good
        idea for me to check.

        Can you send me pictures of your setup showing your cable connections
        to antenna and computer and any other devices in your setup? You can
        send them to my email address. If others can send me pictures of
        thier setup, this will be great. I want to see how people
        interconnect their units and external devices to the softrock (if
        any).

        Thanks, 73 de N6RI