Re: [softrock40] VAC Problems

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19 10:50 AM
    Here are the screen shots....

    John
    On 3/19/2013 11:16 AM, millerguy0036 wrote:

    I'm using HDSDR software and a Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro as the sound card with my my Ensemble TX/RX. I'm trying to use VAC
    as the interface between HDSDR and Fldigi for digital comms, but have only got it to work a couple times out of about a hundred
    tries. I have finally been able to determine that whenever I have VAC connected to HDSDR output, the input from the sound card is
    distorted. When I disconnect VAC from HDSDR and use a hard-wire solution with the onboard sound card for an interface with Fldigi,
    I have no problems copying the various digital modes. I was able to verify the distortion with VAC connected to HDSDR using the
    record feature. Recorded signals with VAC connected to HDSDR and vice versa.

    I'm using a Dell E6420 laptop with Windows 7. Any thoughts on what might be the problem. I've played with all the VAC setting, but no joy. I'm thinking for whatever reason, VAC is interferring with the transfer of data from the sound card. I'm not a computer guru, so it could easily be some setting that is not correct.

    73, Guy/KB6VY

    --

    John Williams

    KE5SSH - ham since 2007
    WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm