Re: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 Interface module question

    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 19, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 Interface module question

      > Alan, you said the following:
      >
      > However, many manage with two different cards. On-board for mic and
      > speakers and an internal or USB for IQ in/out.
      >
      > I don't see the point in using an external sound card for IQ in/out as
      > this is handled via USB, unless it gives you better performance. Is
      > this the reason?

      It all depends what you have.
      Many modern on-board systems are good for SDR, if yours is then use it.
      I have many internal soundcards because I built my computer with a motherboard with sufficient slots.
      I think internal are more convenient and if you can that's what I recommend.
      However, I've never noticed any problems with USB systems.
      And others manage with all sorts of combinations.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • David.Lopez
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 30, 2013
        Thanks, for the report. I was not sure if I could use this sound
        card. I had other sound cards in sight but when I asked here they
        said it would not work. Now I know that this sound card will work
        fine. I will search for the sound card mod to see how much of an
        effort it will be before I go ahead and buy this sound card. I am
        sure I will be able to handle it but just in case it will be a good
        idea for me to check.

        Can you send me pictures of your setup showing your cable connections
        to antenna and computer and any other devices in your setup? You can
        send them to my email address. If others can send me pictures of
        thier setup, this will be great. I want to see how people
        interconnect their units and external devices to the softrock (if
        any).

        Thanks, 73 de N6RI