Re: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 Interface module question [1 Attachment]

  • David Turnbull
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 18 2:48 PM
      If you do this, you also want to use a dummy virtual audio cable as the default device for Windows. Otherwise, while you are transmitting, any event sounds will get mixed into the transmitter and go out as DSB.

      73 David AE9RB
      http://AE9RB.com/

      On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:
      [Attachment(s) from John Williams included below]

      David,

      You only need 1 interface if you want to use digital modes. Here is a document that explains how...

      John - ke5ssh
      On 3/18/2013 3:00 PM, David.Lopez wrote:

      I am looking at the picture on this site
      "http://www.wb5rvz.org/ensemble_rxtx/11_extconn". Why is it that there
      is no mention of an external sound card required? I was under the
      impression that once I finished with my Softrock and can just connect
      it directly to my computer and start making contacts, but this in not
      the case.

      I think I am understanding why I need a Delta 44 now. My computer only
      has one headphone output and one mic input. If I connect my Softrock
      to these ports how will I be able hear the audio and where will I
      connect my mic to talk? That is where the Delta 44 comes in freeing up
      my computer Mic input and Speaker output ports. Am I correct on this?

      --

      John Williams

      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

      Attachment(s) from John Williams

      1 of 1 File(s)

    • David.Lopez
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 30 6:08 PM
        Thanks, for the report. I was not sure if I could use this sound
        card. I had other sound cards in sight but when I asked here they
        said it would not work. Now I know that this sound card will work
        fine. I will search for the sound card mod to see how much of an
        effort it will be before I go ahead and buy this sound card. I am
        sure I will be able to handle it but just in case it will be a good
        idea for me to check.

        Can you send me pictures of your setup showing your cable connections
        to antenna and computer and any other devices in your setup? You can
        send them to my email address. If others can send me pictures of
        thier setup, this will be great. I want to see how people
        interconnect their units and external devices to the softrock (if
        any).

        Thanks, 73 de N6RI