Re: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 Interface module question

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 18 1:26 PM
    David,

    You only need 1 interface if you want to use digital modes. Here is a document that explains how...

    John - ke5ssh
    On 3/18/2013 3:00 PM, David.Lopez wrote:

    I am looking at the picture on this site
    "http://www.wb5rvz.org/ensemble_rxtx/11_extconn". Why is it that there
    is no mention of an external sound card required? I was under the
    impression that once I finished with my Softrock and can just connect
    it directly to my computer and start making contacts, but this in not
    the case.

    I think I am understanding why I need a Delta 44 now. My computer only
    has one headphone output and one mic input. If I connect my Softrock
    to these ports how will I be able hear the audio and where will I
    connect my mic to talk? That is where the Delta 44 comes in freeing up
    my computer Mic input and Speaker output ports. Am I correct on this?

    --

    John Williams

    KE5SSH - ham since 2007
    WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

  • David.Lopez
    Message 46 of 46 , Mar 30 6:08 PM
      Thanks, for the report. I was not sure if I could use this sound
      card. I had other sound cards in sight but when I asked here they
      said it would not work. Now I know that this sound card will work
      fine. I will search for the sound card mod to see how much of an
      effort it will be before I go ahead and buy this sound card. I am
      sure I will be able to handle it but just in case it will be a good
      idea for me to check.

      Can you send me pictures of your setup showing your cable connections
      to antenna and computer and any other devices in your setup? You can
      send them to my email address. If others can send me pictures of
      thier setup, this will be great. I want to see how people
      interconnect their units and external devices to the softrock (if
      any).

      Thanks, 73 de N6RI