Re: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 Interface module question

  • Roger Critchlow
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 18, 2013
      Yes, you are correct.  The Softrock Ensemble RXTX requires a stereo audio input connection for receive and a stereo audio output connection for transmit.  That's why the RXTX has line in and line out jacks in addition to USB, power, key, and antenna connections.

      You don't need a Delta 44.  Any audio interface with stereo line in and line out will suffice.

      -- rec -- ad5dz --

      On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM, David.Lopez <brewgod23@...> wrote:

      I am looking at the picture on this site
      "http://www.wb5rvz.org/ensemble_rxtx/11_extconn". Why is it that there
      is no mention of an external sound card required? I was under the
      impression that once I finished with my Softrock and can just connect
      it directly to my computer and start making contacts, but this in not
      the case.

      I think I am understanding why I need a Delta 44 now. My computer only
      has one headphone output and one mic input. If I connect my Softrock
      to these ports how will I be able hear the audio and where will I
      connect my mic to talk? That is where the Delta 44 comes in freeing up
      my computer Mic input and Speaker output ports. Am I correct on this?

    • David.Lopez
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 30, 2013
        Thanks, for the report. I was not sure if I could use this sound
        card. I had other sound cards in sight but when I asked here they
        said it would not work. Now I know that this sound card will work
        fine. I will search for the sound card mod to see how much of an
        effort it will be before I go ahead and buy this sound card. I am
        sure I will be able to handle it but just in case it will be a good
        idea for me to check.

        Can you send me pictures of your setup showing your cable connections
        to antenna and computer and any other devices in your setup? You can
        send them to my email address. If others can send me pictures of
        thier setup, this will be great. I want to see how people
        interconnect their units and external devices to the softrock (if
        any).

        Thanks, 73 de N6RI