VSP Manager vs LP Bridge

  • richard.lawn@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18 6:13 AM
      I already have LP_Bridge installed on my laptop since I use it with NaP3 with my KX3 on occasion. The questions are, now that I'm setting up my softrock Ensemble for Fldigi use:

      1. Can I use LP_Bridge for virtual serial port connections using the Ensemble and not bother with VSP Manager?

      2. If I use VSP Manager must I first uninstall LP_Bridge to avoid potential conflicts.

      All I know is that they both use Eltima virtual port drivers. The guy who developed VSP Manager doesn't know if there would be a problem and the guy who developed LP_Bridge seems to imply that his program will do the same thing I use VSP Manager on another computer to manage my FlexRadio operations.

      Suggestions and recommendations welcome.

      Rick
      W2JAZ
    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18 6:21 AM

        What LP bridge does is constantly send certain commands to the radio so they are stored internally for when an external app asks for it thus I would say this will not work for an Ensemble. I do not know if it will conflict with VPSM

        73,

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...