Re: [softrock40] Tnx my Ensemble RXTX works!

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17 8:22 AM
      Rick,

      I am glad you persevered. You will have some great fun with the little radio. Let's talk amps sometime. I have built a few and have another in the line to build out...

      By the way, you know you are now the Mac Bootcamp expert, don't you?

      John - ke5ssh

      On 3/17/2013 9:55 AM, richard.lawn@... wrote:

      I now have a working radio! Finally!
      I'm eternally grateful to those of you on this list who helped, coached, encouraged, and put up with my occasional whining! Especially thanks to John, Tim, Warren, Alan, and of course Tony and the others who offered good advice along the way. While I haven't tried yet to make a QSO I'm now confident that I soon will. There were numerous unexpected problems along the way, many of which had nothing to do with the Ensemble. It was a tremendous learning experience for me, and now I want more! maybe a little amp?

      Tnx agn to all!

      Rick
      W2JAZ

      --

      John Williams

      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

    • John Greusel
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17 9:43 AM
        Congratulations Rick! We knew you could do it!
        Now you need to back track and read the IQ balancing procedures for transmitting in the Flex literature.
        If you read the items pertaining to the 1000 you'll get a good idea. Just imagine you're trying to eliminate the dual image (on transmit) that you can see on receive if the IQ phase and balance are off.
        Another radio is often helpful.

        John
        KC9OJV

      • richard.lawn@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18 6:14 AM
          Will do.....I'll look in the PwrSDR manual assuming it will be there.
          Rick

        • richard.lawn@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18 6:16 AM
            Love to! Give me suggestions please. I know about the TAPR amp. I also have old Yaesu FL-110 that might work though I'm not sure it will like drive less than 5 watts. I'd love to hear about what you've built.
            Rick