Re: [softrock40] All band SoftRock Rx

  • John Greusel
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
      Kees,

      That is a very good idea!

      John
      KC9OJV

      From: keestheham <windy10605@...>
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:51 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] All band SoftRock Rx

      This might be neat to try. Take a SoftRock Lite+Xtal V8.3 (or similar), interface to the Si570 via I2C with a Si570 Controller. Use one of Dave's, WB6DHW, all band BPFs and presto .....you have an all band HF continuous coverage Receiver which does not require various plug-ins and has an I/Q output. Use either the high order memory digit on the Si570 Controller for BPF band selection or a simple PB switch.

      Would make a cool continuous coverage Rx.

      Maybe someone has already done this ?

      73 Kees K5BCQ

    • Kees & Sandy
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
        Yes, essentially that is correct ......but I want self contained and battery operated, manual dial tuning, an LCD frequency display, 1.8Mhz to 55Mhz capability, manual band selection so I can try sub-harmonic frequencies (including bypass), and just have an I/Q output for ANY hardware which will accept an I/Q signal; computer sound card, SDR2GO, STM32F4, other DSP units, etc.

        I'll start drilling aluminum this afternoon, film at ?? Plus, I want to use some of that older SoftRock hardware laying around here.

        73 Kees K5BCQ