Re: [softrock40] All band SoftRock Rx

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] All band SoftRock Rx

      >Isn't this basically what the Ensemble RX is?

      Yes, and also very like my Softrock 8.3 with Tony's add-ons that made it into the equivalent of the Ensemble RX. And the V9 Softrock
      RX with ABPF.

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM, keestheham <windy10605@...> wrote:

      > This might be neat to try. Take a SoftRock Lite+Xtal V8.3 (or similar),
      > interface to the Si570 via I2C with a Si570 Controller. Use one of Dave's,
      > WB6DHW, all band BPFs and presto .....you have an all band HF continuous
      > coverage Receiver which does not require various plug-ins and has an I/Q
      > output. Use either the high order memory digit on the Si570 Controller for
      > BPF band selection or a simple PB switch.

    • John Greusel
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
        Kees,

        That is a very good idea!

        John
        KC9OJV

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
          Yes, essentially that is correct ......but I want self contained and battery operated, manual dial tuning, an LCD frequency display, 1.8Mhz to 55Mhz capability, manual band selection so I can try sub-harmonic frequencies (including bypass), and just have an I/Q output for ANY hardware which will accept an I/Q signal; computer sound card, SDR2GO, STM32F4, other DSP units, etc.

          I'll start drilling aluminum this afternoon, film at ?? Plus, I want to use some of that older SoftRock hardware laying around here.

          73 Kees K5BCQ