Re: Inexpensive USB audio dongle

  • jor
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15 8:05 AM
      Hi David and Ken,

      The Dreambass works good also correcting the phase error in SDR#
      Be aware thad the sterio audio plug has the propper size otherwise you can make connect it as a mono in the Dreambass socket.
      See photo in files PE1KTH.

      73' Joris PE1KTH

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "David" <g0jvy@...> wrote:

      > "kenahardy" wrote:
      >
      > > I am so glad you posted your experience with the Enermax Dreambass.
      >
      > Hi Ken,
      >
      > I did mean to answer when I first saw your post a few days ago. Anyway, I'm happy to hear that my information helped you. I'm only sorry it came after the several hours of frustration you had. You might like to know that after failing to get good results with SDR#, the way I discovered the problem with the dongle was with Audacity ("Free, open source, cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds").
      >
      > I should say I wasn't technically correct when I said "the left and right channels are not sampled synchronously", they are, it's just a "packaging" problem for want of a better word. It seems crazy that a left channel sample is packaged with the right channel sample taken one sampling period earlier. It's a pity that some SDR applications don't have any means of correcting for this defect. Of course, perhaps someone more clever than I am could write a driver wrapper to eliminate the skew before it becomes a problem for the application.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > David G0JVY

    • Kenneth Hardy
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 16 7:40 AM
        David and Jor

        Thanks all your interesting information and  technical update. Just to say here I am getting used to the blue pyrotechnics now and
        and would  be happy to recommend the Endermass to anyone  as a cheap fix to overcome their soundcard difficulties.
        Ken M0XBK