Re: Lent my Ensemble II RX to a friend, come back deaf.....

  • wythevillebob
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
      I wish to use the Softrock Ensemble II rx in parallel with a kenwood ts 430, I am planning on using switching relays to control the input to the softrock ensemble II(shorting the antenna to ground during xmit) But I was wondering what the issues may be with leaking RF into the front end of the Ensemble II during xmit (even with the input shorted) what other safety measures should be employed to protect the input to the Ensemble II? Pin diodes back to back?? What can the Ensemble II input stand in the way of signal input before it self destructs? Goal is to use the Softrock Ensemble II as a Band Scope in conjunction with the TS 430. CW output(no break-in) is in the order of 100 watts +- and used from 80-10 mtrs. Another possible use is to receive with the Ensemble II and just use the xmit of the TS-430, the Ensemble offers better rx control. I.E. the old fashion ways of the past, with seperate RX and TX.

      Thanks Bob