Ensemble RX II, LF build, putting sensitivity fears to rest?

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11 1:23 PM
      My initial thoughts upon completion of the receiver was that it was pretty deaf. But hooking it up to some high quality equipment shows otherwise. Using a heavily padded lab grade synthesizer I was able to easily see and hear CW signals at -128dBm (ran out of pads to go further). The noise floor displayed on HDSDR was at <-100dB at the spot I was looking. My at-home noise floor is far higher than that even with a terrible temporary antenna. I tried this at many frequencies with similar results. It seems that the Ensemble RX II (with an Emu 0204) can hear at least better then the noise in my neck of the woods. I'll try to post a picture showing the signal on HDSDR. PS, This was a quick and dirty test, I need to see if I can do a real MDS test once I learn how they are done!