Re: [softrock40] Re: Help needed setting up PwrSDR

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 10, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Help needed setting up PwrSDR

      >This is very helpful. I do not own a windows computer and use exclusively macs. I was not setting up VAC and that is likely the
      >problem. So just to clarify, use VAC to setup the sound card used for receive in/out and the audio main page is used to setup the
      >audio device I'm using for transmit.

      Rick

      In PSDR the main Audio page is for the Softrock input and output.
      The "VAC" page is for mic and speakers.

      >Still don't understand why I keep getting "unable to start input from sound device" message when I try and use

      I had not realised you are making things difficult by using a Mac. Most users here only know Windows.
      You had better start another thread with MAC in the subject, maybe it will attract someone who uses one. And describe the
      environment you are trying to use.

      If Rocky is setup as described by John, and on the web page then it should work. But if it does not then it may never. You certainly
      need a Mac expert.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

    • richard.lawn@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 10, 2013
        I'm not really running this on a Mac since I'm using boot camp to run windows 7. Looks and behaves exactly like windows and runs my Flex 5000A and all the various digi mode programs just fine with no problems. I just need to figure this out. Ill keep reading the various online documentations pertaining to the set up of these various apps with softrock. While it may be well documented its not concise to laid out in one place as a step by step tutorial. i'm a retired educator so thats what i look and hope for :) What I find is a bunch of links which I keep following looking for the holy grail :) ill get it eventually. At least I've learned that this rig isn't used by man cw folk apparently.
        As always thanks for your help.

        Rick
        W2JAZ