Yet another soundcard experience

  • vbifyz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2013
      I picked up Behringer UCG102 USB soundcard for $1 at a garage sale.
      http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCG102-Guitar-to-USB-Interface/dp/B000PAPO9W
      It is supposed to have mono input for a guitar. I opened it to see what chip is inside. It is TI PCM2902E, which is 16/48k stereo chip. I also discovered that the input jack is stereo, and both channels are wired to the chip input!
      However, when I installed the driver from the Behringer website and fired up HDSDR, there was no image rejection at all, the right channel was dead.
      TI has a driver on their website as well. That one worked, the card is indeed stereo! I had to set a 1 sample delay in the LEFT channel. All my other cards that require a delay need it in the RIGHT channel.

      the moral of the story is that sometimes a card sold as mono may be in fact stereo and may work as such after some tweaking.

      73, Mike