Ensemble RX useful voltage range?

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9 11:16 AM
      At what voltage does performance degrade or the regulator shut down? I'm wondering if NiCads will work or should I stick with 8 old fashioned 1.5v AA's. They should last forever with the minimal current draw. When I build an RX/TX I figure I'll just use my good old 8ah gel cell for transmitting.
    • vbifyz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9 6:03 PM
        LM78L0 needs at least about 2V of dropout. So even 7V input should work. For example, 6 NiMH cells (7.2V) should still be ok. 8 rechargeable cells work for sure.

        73, Mike

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9 10:22 PM
          Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble RX useful voltage range?

          > At what voltage does performance degrade or the regulator shut down? I'm wondering if NiCads will work or should I stick with 8
          > old fashioned 1.5v AA's. They should last forever with the minimal current draw.

          8 Nicads will give a good margin.