Ensemble RX II, LF build, Coil winding question.

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
      Thank you in advance for your time!
      I determined the final number of windings for each coil with an LCR meter. I figured I was shooting for a certain value of inductance rather then a fixed amount of windings. I had to remove windings on most of the coils to get the value. Especially the low value ones. The meter is calibrated. Was this a good way to do it?
    • Jerry Haigwood
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013

        Yes.  This is a very common practice of the advanced builder.

        Jerry W5JH