Re: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 Interface module question

  • MICHAEL TALLENT
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 7, 2013
      The Delta 44 comes with a break-out box that plugs into the card in your
      computer and has 1/4 inch jacks to connect to the 4 channels in and out.
      You would have to make up the necessary cables to connect to the Delta 44
      1/4 inch jacks and the Softrock40 3.5 mm stereo jacks.

      The softrock40 interface module is a small PC board that has the 25 pin plug
      to connect to the Delta 44 computer card and then has labeled 3.5 mm stereo
      jacks that you would connect to the Softrock40 and would use standrard 3.5
      mm audio cables with no cables to make, you then do not use the Delta 44
      break-out box at all.

      I have one and it works great with PowerSDR that I use.

      Mike W6MXV

      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 30, 2013
        Thanks, for the report. I was not sure if I could use this sound
        card. I had other sound cards in sight but when I asked here they
        said it would not work. Now I know that this sound card will work
        fine. I will search for the sound card mod to see how much of an
        effort it will be before I go ahead and buy this sound card. I am
        sure I will be able to handle it but just in case it will be a good
        idea for me to check.

        Can you send me pictures of your setup showing your cable connections
        to antenna and computer and any other devices in your setup? You can
        send them to my email address. If others can send me pictures of
        thier setup, this will be great. I want to see how people
        interconnect their units and external devices to the softrock (if
        any).

        Thanks, 73 de N6RI