Yahoo "Message Boards" to be shut down?

  • mux_folder2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
      I just read an article about Yahoo's plans to shut down a number of products. On the list was the "Yahoo Message Boards". Is that what this group is part of? I belong to a number of Yahoo groups and it would be a shame to lose them. I wonder what the alternatives are?

      Tony
    • Anthony Casorso
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
        Never mind. The "Groups" and "Message Boards" are two different things. Message boards are here:

        http://messages.yahoo.com/

        And it looks like a lonely place. Not much wonder they are being shut down. Sorry to cry "Wolf". I could have checked first but I had never heard of the "Message Boards"...

        Tony

        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        From: canthony15@...
        Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 00:03:28 +0000
        Subject: [softrock40] Yahoo "Message Boards" to be shut down?

        I just read an article about Yahoo's plans to shut down a number of products. On the list was the "Yahoo Message Boards". Is that what this group is part of? I belong to a number of Yahoo groups and it would be a shame to lose them. I wonder what the alternatives are?

        Tony

      • MIKE DURKIN
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
          Didn't even know that message board existed ... no wonder they are shutting it down .... lack of advertising .. or groups served that purpose too ...

          Mike KC7NOA

          To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

          From: canthony15@...
          Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 00:03:28 +0000