Re: [softrock40] Anomalous R 32 and R 33 voltage versus frequency values

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Anomalous R 32 and R 33 voltage versus frequency values

      >Do you think this is a part specific problem that may improve by swapping in another FST3253? Or, is this a general device/layout
      >problem that is inescapable?

      Paul,

      I do not know. I checked one of my Softrocks after someone else queried it. Others found similar variations.
      At the time it seemed to be considered a curiosity rather than a fault. No-one made any comments about rectifying it.
      I do not think it is going to do much harm, maybe the opamp will run into distortion a few dB earlier, I doubt anyone would notice.
      If it really is due to the FST3253 then maybe you could get less variation, I do not think every Softrock is the same.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      I> built a NorCal 2030 that used discrete architecture for each 90 degrees of wave sampling and combined wave phase externally for
      IQ generation. It is a sweet implementation straight from the inventor's bench.

      Perhaps this or even the double balanced QSD mixer approach would have yielded truer quadrature phase and amplitude relationships
      over the softrock ensemble's frequency domain.