Re: [softrock40] 2n222 question

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] 2n222 question

      >I must have been getting tired near the end of the build and anxious to finally finish. I soldered the 2222 and forgot to install
      >the washer. The transistor is up off the board but not by much. I can remove it if I must, but id rather not. Is the washer
      >essential?

      Rick,

      As Warren says, and I have proved, it is not essential.
      Just do not use too much force to push the heatsink on!

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • richard.lawn@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
        Thanks to for the suggestions provided. I may look for a way to slip some sort of material under the transistor in the gap between the board and transistor bottom as I realy don't feel like removing yet another part! Though I've gotten pretty good at it hi hi!
        Rick

        > Subject: [softrock40] 2n222 question
        >

        > >I must have been getting tired near the end of the build and anxious to finally finish. I soldered the 2222 and forgot to install
        > >the washer. The transistor is up off the board but not by much. I can remove it if I must, but id rather not. Is the washer
        > >essential?
        > >

        > Rick,
        >
        > As Warren says, and I have proved, it is not essential.
        > Just do not use too much force to push the heatsink on!
        >
        > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

      • John Greusel
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013

           Slip a toothpick under it while you apply the heatsink-  I love toothpicks.

          John
          KC9OJV