Re: "sound card" proposal for Ensemble RX II....

  • K2DMS
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
      It appears to be good to 48 KHz, but for a little more you could go X-Fi and get 96 KHz

      http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Surround-5.1/M/B0044DEDCA.htm

      Or eBay.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "dukeofbecker" <carlperez54@...> wrote:

      > I recently purchased the built Ensemble RX II, and I believe the sound card on my computer is creating problems. (no stereo line-in jack <sigh>)
      >
      > Will the following unit work as a sound card substitute? (see link below):
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KW2YEI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
      >
      > It is a Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface with left and right channel RCA inputs and USB output to computer. I think I would like to try this!
      >
      > Carl KC2PQG

    • John Williams
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 25, 2013
        I bought a X-Fi also, works very well. At times you can buy refurb ones direct from Creative on their web site at a substantial discount from list.

        John - ke5ssh

        --

        John Williams

        KE5SSH - ham since 2007
        WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

      • Zack Widup
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 25, 2013
          I've been using a Creative X-Fi model SB1095. It's well worth the
          money having that 96 kHz passband. I've been very happy with it. And
          that link you showed lists it as a special right now at less than
          twice the cost of the Behringer unit. I might just get another one at
          that price.

          I did the mod of adding the two extra electrolytics. I'd recommend that, too.

          73, Zack W9SZ

          On 2/25/13, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:
          > I bought a X-Fi also, works very well. At times you can buy refurb ones
          > direct from Creative on their web site at a substantial discount from list.
          >
          > John - ke5ssh
          > On 2/24/2013 10:05 PM, K2DMS wrote:
          >>
          >> It appears to be good to 48 KHz, but for a little more you could go
          >> X-Fi and get 96 KHz
          >>
          >> http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Surround-5.1/M/B0044DEDCA.htm
          >>
          >> Or eBay.
          >>
          >> --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          >> <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, "dukeofbecker" wrote:
          >> >
          >> > I recently purchased the built Ensemble RX II, and I believe the
          >> sound card on my computer is creating problems. (no stereo line-in jack )
          >> >
          >> > Will the following unit work as a sound card substitute? (see link
          >> below):
          >> >

          >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KW2YEI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
          >> >
          >> > It is a Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface with left and right channel
          >> RCA inputs and USB output to computer. I think I would like to try this!
          >> >
          >> > Carl KC2PQG
          >> >

          > --
          >
          > John Williams
          >
          > KE5SSH - ham since 2007
          > WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

        • Filip
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 26, 2013
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 26, 2013
              Subject: [softrock40] Re: "sound card" proposal for Ensemble RX II....

              > did somebody tried this sound card:
              >
              > http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesaleproduct/wholesaleProductDetail.htm?productId=630077264&productSubject=Free-shipping-HiFi-24bit-192khz-USB-DAC-digital-sound-card-CM108AH-digital-to-analog-converter
              >
              > Any opinion if it is a good idea?

              Filip,

              It does not seem to have stereo input.

              73 Alan G4ZFQ
            • Filip Atanassov
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 26, 2013
                Thanks Alan.

                I assume the MIC input is stereo as it has stereo output. It is hard to believe somebody will build a sound card with mono input and stereo output but again we shouldn't forget where it is coming from ;-)
                I hope somebody tested it and will give us some feedback.

                73 Filip VA3FDA

                  > I assume the MIC input is stereo as it has stereo output. It is hard to
                  > believe somebody will build a sound card with mono input and stereo
                  > output but again we shouldn't forget where it is coming from ;-)
                  > I hope somebody tested it and will give us some feedback.

                  Filip,

                  Do not assume! There are quite a few designed as monitors.

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • cc_photo
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 26, 2013
                    If the mic input uses a single RCA phono type jack, it is almost invariably a mono input.

                    Roland, KB8XI

                    > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: "sound card" proposal for Ensemble RX II....
                    >

                    > > I assume the MIC input is stereo as it has stereo output. It is hard to
                    > > believe somebody will build a sound card with mono input and stereo
                    > > output but again we shouldn't forget where it is coming from ;-)
                    > > I hope somebody tested it and will give us some feedback.
                    > >

                    > Filip,
                    >
                    > Do not assume! There are quite a few designed as monitors.
                    >
                    > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                  • Filip Atanassov
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 26, 2013
                      this is absolutely true.
                      But if you loot at the open box picture the MIC connector does not look like a RCA jack.
                      Anyway, I was hoping somebody has the unit and could give real info. I tried to get information from the seller. If I find something useful I'll post it here.

                      73 Filip VA3FDA

                      On 2/26/2013 2:57 PM, cc_photo wrote:

                      If the mic input uses a single RCA phono type jack, it is almost invariably a mono input.

                      Roland, KB8XI

                      > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: "sound card" proposal for Ensemble RX II....
                      >

                      > > I assume the MIC input is stereo as it has stereo output. It is hard to
                      > > believe somebody will build a sound card with mono input and stereo
                      > > output but again we shouldn't forget where it is coming from ;-)
                      > > I hope somebody tested it and will give us some feedback.
                      > >

                      > Filip,
                      >
                      > Do not assume! There are quite a few designed as monitors.
                      >
                      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                    • K2DMS
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 27, 2013
                        I found this same model on eBay and asked the seller about the mic input and it is mono. :(

                        Sorry.

                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Filip" <vph000@...> wrote:

                        > Hi to the group!
                        >
                        > did somebody tried this sound card: