Re: [softrock40] TX Mixer Testing Question

  • Phillip Frost
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2013
      On Feb 23, 2013, at 10:24 PM, richard.lawn@... wrote:

      > In the testing section at the end of this stage of the build the manual says:
      >
      > "Activate PTT. (As an alternative to using the SDR Software to activate PTT, you can use a cliplead to ground the top left- hand lead of U4, activating PTT.)"
      >
      > If I choose to use the 2nd method of activating PTT through U4 can someone clarify which pin this refers to. I assume top left means PIN 4 but uncertain.

      Of the two pins on the non-USB side of the board, one is ground, and the other is pin 4. So, easiest way is to short those pins with a screwdriver, clip-lead, etc.

      That package is called a DIP. Wikipedia has some information on pin numbering:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_in-line_package#Orientation_and_lead_numbering
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2013
        Subject: [softrock40] TX Mixer Testing Question

        > In the testing section at the end of this stage of the build the manual says:
        > "Activate PTT. (As an alternative to using the SDR Software to activate PTT, you can use a cliplead to ground the top left- hand
        > lead of U4, activating PTT.)"
        >
        > If I choose to use the 2nd method of activating PTT through U4 can someone clarify which pin this refers to. I assume top left
        > means PIN 4 but uncertain.

        Rick,

        I'd say use CFGSR, it's safer.
        U4 is shown in the LO page.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • richard.lawn@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 24, 2013
          Tnx. Ill use the CFGSR. I found the previous install section covering U4 but was unclear which pin they were referring to based on board orientation. I assumed pin 4.
          Rick