Re: [softrock40] Ensemble RX II deaf from 4-8 MHz

  • EB4APL
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2013
      I have seen your problem in the Softrock of a friend, it didn't select
      the BPF for that band, either automatically or manually. The problem
      was a bad optoisolator, it originally was ok but it became bad later, I
      don't know why. So your problem is either the filter itself, but you say
      that you tested the coils for continuity, or the optoisolator (very rare
      that this kind of failure repeats) or one of the switches . Without a
      scope you can check the output of the optos with a voltmeter while
      exercising the filters in manual. If ok then you can probe the
      corresponding pins in the switches. If the line that connects the opto
      to the switch chips is always low maybe it is connected to ground by a
      solder bridge, check with an ohmmeter with the power off. You can also
      monitor the DC levels of the working filters, both on and off, this can
      give us a clue.

      73 de Ignacio, EB4APL