Re: 6m/4m/2m RXTX Ensemble transceiver

  • dljones60
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 20, 2013
      I just ran into this thread again and was wondering if there had been any progress. For what it's worth, I'm more in favor of 6/4/2 meter version of the current Ensemble RXTX. Then maybe a more advanced version with the modules. The only other thing I might add is it would be nice if they had a little more than 1W output but still keep it in the QRP range.

      Either way, I'm looking forward to ordering a couple or so when they become available.

      73's
      Dave KB9GPM

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      > Good Morning All,
      >
      > A number of people have ask when is a 6m/4m/2m RXTX Ensemble transceiver kit going to be available? I too have been thinking about such a kit.
      >
      > My thought is that the RF output would be generated at an IF frequency and then up-converted to the VHF band of choice. Amplification and LP filtering would then be done at the VHF band to produce about one watt output power. An attempt would be made to fit the circuits on the same size circuit board as the RXTX Ensemble.
      >
      > All of the SoftRock kits are based on good input from others so I am again open to suggestions from the group. I would be most interested in your comments!
      >
      > Thanks and 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • kb9gpm
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hi Tony

        Thanks for the update. I sure know how life gets in the way of our hobbies.

        73s
        Daivd KB9GPM