Re: [softrock40] Softrock and TRX sharing antena

  • Jerry Dunmire
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19 9:24 AM
      Hi Jakub,
      You are correct, the circuit as show will not work if the TX signal goes low on transmit. I'm not familiar with the FT-1000D, but maybe the TX-GND signal is enough to directly drive the relay? If so, then you could eliminate Q1 (and the associated components) and connect the TX-GND signal where the Q1-C was connected. Check the spec on your FT-1000D, and on the relay you choose, to make sure that the FT-1000D can sink enough current.

      As with any new circuit, check your work in stages. Connect a dummy load in place of the antenna and then check the relay to make sure shorts the Softrock antenna to ground while when the FT-1000D is keyed. You should connect the Softrock only after you have verified that the circuit works the way you expect.

      I have not noticed any problems with the switching time of the relay I used. However, the TS-440 may drive the XMIT signal high slightly before enabling the actual RF.

      73,
      ...jerry
      KA6HLD

      On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Jakub Sarna <jakubsa@...> wrote:

      Hi Jerry

      thanks for the info,

      this with you using a TS-440 and PTT took control of the REMOTE jack,

      I have a FT-1000D and in me there is no such slot ...I'm thinking that I could use the TX GND jack

      (it is shortened when pressing PTT) and PTT output normally I use for controlling my PA ....

      I do not know if I can do it?

      Maybe someone more experienced to terminate .....?

      does not want to make a mistake for some not to damage Softrock ...

      73, Jakub SQ8J

      p.s. I think that with such an important role in the system meet the relays .... I think they must have fast response and the delay that followed the OMRON is fast?