Softrock and TRX sharing antena

  • Jakub Sarna
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hello Gentlemen

      I have a question if someone could help me in this topic

      Well, I have my desktop radio FT-1000D as well as Softrock I use,

      and I would like at the same time have the opportunity to listen to the same
      antenna

      on one and the other radio (FT-1000 and Softrock) and when I want to
      transmit

      to the FT-1000D is want him to Softrock was automatically disconnect and
      shorted to ground

      if anyone has a proven systems and could help me?

      Thanks

      73 , Jakub SQ8J
    • Jerry Dunmire
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
        Hi Jakub,
        I have a similar setup and here is what is working for me:
        http://rockingdlabs.dunmire.org/projects/antenna-isolator

        73,
        ...jerry
        KA6HLD

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013

          Hi Jerry

          thanks for the info,

          this with you using a TS-440 and PTT took control of the REMOTE jack,

          I have a FT-1000D and in me there is no such slot ...I'm thinking that I could use the TX GND jack

          (it is shortened when pressing PTT) and PTT output normally I use for controlling my PA ....

          I do not know if I can do it?

          Maybe someone more experienced to terminate .....?

          does not want to make a mistake for some not to damage Softrock ...

          73, Jakub SQ8J

          p.s. I think that with such an important role in the system meet the relays .... I think they must have fast response and the delay that followed the OMRON is fast?

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
            Hi Jakub,
            You are correct, the circuit as show will not work if the TX signal goes low on transmit. I'm not familiar with the FT-1000D, but maybe the TX-GND signal is enough to directly drive the relay? If so, then you could eliminate Q1 (and the associated components) and connect the TX-GND signal where the Q1-C was connected. Check the spec on your FT-1000D, and on the relay you choose, to make sure that the FT-1000D can sink enough current.

            As with any new circuit, check your work in stages. Connect a dummy load in place of the antenna and then check the relay to make sure shorts the Softrock antenna to ground while when the FT-1000D is keyed. You should connect the Softrock only after you have verified that the circuit works the way you expect.

            I have not noticed any problems with the switching time of the relay I used. However, the TS-440 may drive the XMIT signal high slightly before enabling the actual RF.

            73,
            ...jerry
            KA6HLD