Re: Mind-meld between FT-1000MP and Softrock RX-II possible?

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2013
      John,
      I am running the Ensemble II Receiver connected to my FT-1000MP Mk V with HDSDR and Omnirig software and it works fine. Connect the SDR antenna input to the RX IN and RX OUT antenna ports on the FT-1000 using a tee connector. Download HDSDR and all drivers. Download Omnirig. Run HDSDR and configure the FT-1000MP for Omnirig from the options contained in HDSDR. Select RX antenna on the FT-1000MP and you'll have both radios connected to the same antenna (A or B). Set the tracking for Omnirig TO and FROM the FT-1000MP and your up and running. When you transmit the SDR antenna input will be shunted to ground by the receive antenna input/output of the FT-1000. Works great. It gives the FT-1000MP new life. Now you can see what is happening on the radio. I listen to the FT-1000MP and tune using the SDR.

      Pete K1OYQ