Re: [softrock40] Mind-meld between FT-1000MP and Softrock RX-II possible?

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2013
      > What do you mean "track one another"? If you centre up the Softrock on
      > the IF of the "source" radio, then as you tune you will see stuff on
      > either side of your centre spot. You shouldn't need to adjust anything
      > on the Softrock once it's running, because the IF shouldn't move.

      17/02/2013 13:36

      I mean when you see an interesting signal on the SDR bandscope you
      click on it and the FT-1000 is ready to transmit, or operate as the
      main receiver on that spot frequency. This is by using the SDR as a
      second (or third, if the FT-1000 already has a second receiver, I am
      not familiar with it), rather than using it to read the IF frequency
      from the FT-1000. Sharing an antenna with my TS-590 I have yet to hear
      a signal on the 590 that my Softrock isn't displaying on the
      bandscope. The Softrock might not resolve it audibly quite as well as
      the 590, but you can see a signal is there visually.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2013
        John,
        I am running the Ensemble II Receiver connected to my FT-1000MP Mk V with HDSDR and Omnirig software and it works fine. Connect the SDR antenna input to the RX IN and RX OUT antenna ports on the FT-1000 using a tee connector. Download HDSDR and all drivers. Download Omnirig. Run HDSDR and configure the FT-1000MP for Omnirig from the options contained in HDSDR. Select RX antenna on the FT-1000MP and you'll have both radios connected to the same antenna (A or B). Set the tracking for Omnirig TO and FROM the FT-1000MP and your up and running. When you transmit the SDR antenna input will be shunted to ground by the receive antenna input/output of the FT-1000. Works great. It gives the FT-1000MP new life. Now you can see what is happening on the radio. I listen to the FT-1000MP and tune using the SDR.

        Pete K1OYQ