Dreambass sterio soundcard test .

  • jor
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2013
      Hi all,

      I have tested the Dreambass sterio soundcard from ENERMAX a little thing with the KTH-SDR wide band I&Q receiver and with SHARP.
      The card is sterio in and out 24/16 bit and the bandwith is 48 Khz on screen, SHARP clocked 96KHz. The Dreambass CODEC clock is fixed and can not be altered.
      It has a build in USB driver so no driver have to loaded in the PC.
      The Noise floor (my set-up) was -90 dB no signal input (receiver off). Dreambass Specification is THD-N 80dB , SNR 90dB.
      The sound is good and SHARP was able to reduced the Phase error below 0.2 degrees.

      The small PCB 17x35 MM make it possible to build in this card in your own home brew receiver. Cost 22 euro in the Netherlands

      See Photo's in Photo Filles, Joris PE1KTH

      73' Joris
    • netnovel2005
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2013
        Hello,

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jor" <kthkit@...> wrote:
        > The card is sterio in and out 24/16 bit and the bandwith is 48 Khz on screen, SHARP clocked 96KHz. The Dreambass CODEC clock is fixed and can not be altered.

        you can change sampling rate at microphone property on control panel.

        73

        Miura
        JA7TDO<http://zao.jp/radio/>
      • jor
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
          Hello Miura,

          You are right,
          What I meen with fixed is thad the sampling can not be set on 192 KHz in Dreambass for a 96 Khz screen witdh.
          The maximum is 48 KHz bud it can be set lower.

          73 Joris