Re: [softrock40] SI570 Question

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
      Interesting to calculate permutations to see how those frequencies can be arrived at ... I cant look at it until Monday.
      Not difficult just time consuming.

      John

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
        I've been playing around with my Ensemble II a lot. Although the
        frequency range is specified to be 1.5 to 30 MHz, I find I can tune
        the AM band down to 800 kHz. The filters are probably the limiting
        factor here, but it seems they don't attenuate that much all the way
        down to 800 kHz. I can still hear broadcast band stations and DX in
        that band at night.

        I can also tune up to 35 MHz or so with it, but there isn't anything
        to hear up there. :-)

        73, Zack W9SZ

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013

          > I've been playing around with my Ensemble II a lot. Although the
          > frequency range is specified to be 1.5 to 30 MHz, I find I can tune
          > the AM band down to 800 kHz. The filters are probably the limiting
          > factor here, but it seems they don't attenuate that much all the way
          > down to 800 kHz. I can still hear broadcast band stations and DX in
          > that band at night.

          Zack,

          Yes, others have said the receivers work well down to the lowest frequency.
          You may find a few signals 3 times or maybe 5 times the tuned frequency coming through but usually you have to look carefully.

          But RXTXs should not be used on transmit outside their design frequency.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ

          > I can also tune up to 35 MHz or so with it, but there isn't anything
          > to hear up there. :-)

        • Mike Saeger
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
            It's fixed. Too embarrassed to tell the group what I did wrong. Missed reading one paragraph of the Si570 setup.

            Starting to build the TX portion now.

            N9MS
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
              Subject: [softrock40] Re: SI570 Question

              > It's fixed. Too embarrassed to tell the group what I did wrong. Missed reading one paragraph of the Si570 setup.

              Sorry Mike, you'll have to tell!
              John and I are both wrong, save us a lengthy discussion of what you might have missed.
              Private if you really are that embarrassed:)