Re: [softrock40] Softrock Ensemble RXTX Parts Question

  • Parks, Tony
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
      Hi Mike,

      The capacitor marked 181J is 180pF where for the 40m/30m/20m build of the kit C24 and C26 should be 180pF.  The two capacitors marked 82J are 82pF capacitors use when the kit is built for 30m/20m/17m operation.

      Please send me your mailing address and I will send you one 180pF capacitor.

      Hope the kit build goes well for you.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Mike Saeger <mike.saeger@...> wrote:

      According to the WB5RVZ website -- Revisions 1/31/2013 C24 and C26 should be 180pf instead of 150pf, but the RF/Switching parts list still shows 150pf. He comments that he uploaded the new parts to the documentation so I'm a bit confused.

      Am I supposed to go out and purchase a couple of 180pf capacitors? Also, I can't find the 180pf C27 capacitor in my kit. I looked at every capacitor under a magnifying glass. Is it possible it is marked in some weird way?

      I do have one cap that looks like it is marked 821J and another two marked 82J (that's what it looks like to me). Perhaps I need to go buy 3 180pf capacitors?

      My circuit board is labeled: 5/24/10.

      N9MS

    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
        Mike:

        You are not the first to get bit by the poor quality markings on these caps.  That 8 can look awfully like a 1, as in this picture from the bill of materials:

        --
        Cheers,
        Robby

        Richard R. (Robby) Robson