That missing dll of the CFGSR !!

  • serracin7388
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2013
      I have downloaded the libusb0.dll, and tried all the tricks mentioned on various websites, but still my CFGSR, and indeed also a similar program, will not open.

      Anybody has a magic wand for me please ?

      Paul
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 11, 2013
        Subject: [softrock40] That missing dll of the CFGSR !!

        >I have downloaded the libusb0.dll, and tried all the tricks mentioned on various websites, but still my CFGSR, and indeed also a
        >similar program, will not open.

        Paul,

        Your subject "That missing dll of the CFGSR !!" presumably means you are getting an error message when you try to run it?
        What is the "similar program" that does not open? Do you get any error message?
        What operating system are you using?

        First I guess you have not installed the Softrock driver properly. Here http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/attiny_usb is my
        page with details. Note the new driver installation program at the top. Remove ALL USB devices plug in the Softrock first.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • serracin7388
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
          The other, simpler program is the SI570/LCD software by DG8SAQ written with Delphi 6 . It has a yellow icon.

          I am using Win 7.

          I will try your new driver. But how new ?

          Paul

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
            Subject: [softrock40] Re: That missing dll of the CFGSR !!

            > The other, simpler program is the SI570/LCD software by DG8SAQ written with Delphi 6 . It has a yellow icon.

            Paul,

            Ok, but really nothing to do with Softrocks.

            > I am using Win 7.
            >
            > I will try your new driver. But how new ?

            Not mine.

            "
            January 2013 NEW DRIVER INSTALLATION FILE.

            From Fred PE0FKO:-"

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • serracin7388
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
              I' ve given up!

              I have downloaded the new 2013 , all inclusive driver, but still indicating that missing dll, with or without the SI570 connected. Other USB devices work perfect, including a USB 3 hub ! It works ok on XP.

              I am using:

              PC: Pavilion dm1
              Processor AMD E-350 1.6GB
              RAM: 4GB
              System: Win 7 Ultimate with sp1 32 bits

              Have to look for an alternative to CFGSR

              > Subject: [softrock40] Re: That missing dll of the CFGSR !!
              >

              > > The other, simpler program is the SI570/LCD software by DG8SAQ written with Delphi 6 . It has a yellow icon.
              > >

              > Paul,
              >
              > Ok, but really nothing to do with Softrocks.
              >
              > > I am using Win 7.
              > >
              > > I will try your new driver. But how new ?
              >
              > Not mine.
              >
              > "
              > January 2013 NEW DRIVER INSTALLATION FILE.
              >

              > From Fred PE0FKO:-"
              >
              > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

            • warrenallgyer
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
                You are pretty much screwed in the SDR world without CGFSR working. The fact that it works on XP says the radio is good and your Win 7 computer is lacking something.

                Only suggestion I might make is to use a powered USB hub on the possibility that the current draw is too much for your USB ports. It is a stretch but given what you have been through it would be my next step.

                Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013

                  > I' ve given up!
                  >
                  > I have downloaded the new 2013 , all inclusive driver, but still indicating that missing dll, with or without the SI570 connected.
                  > Other USB devices work perfect, including a USB 3 hub ! It works ok on XP.
                  >
                  > I am using:
                  >
                  > PC: Pavilion dm1
                  > Processor AMD E-350 1.6GB
                  > RAM: 4GB
                  > System: Win 7 Ultimate with sp1 32 bits
                  >
                  > Have to look for an alternative to CFGSR

                  There IS no alternative to CFGSR for the Softrock.
                  But it seems that the problem is that CFGSR is not running because for some reason the driver is not installing. libusb0.dll is the
                  driver.
                  From time to time installing the driver has been a difficult procedure, the new installation package was intended to overcome the
                  problems some have had.

                  If you want it to work you will have to dig deeper. I made this page to help <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/attiny_usb> I
                  am not aware of anyone who has not got this working. In the last few years anyone who has discovered a new way has not read this
                  page carefully.

                  The only thing is USB3. This may give problems, but not much has been said about it. Avoid it if you can.

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • edingraham
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 13, 2013
                    Yes, it appears that the driver is not being installed. Alan has good suggestions, also read carefully:
                    http://www.pe0fko.nl/SR-V9-Si570/#install
                    Note that it says that on Win 7, installation is NOT automatic (as it was on Win XP).

                    73, Ed WX4S

                    > Subject: [softrock40] Re: That missing dll of the CFGSR !!
                    >

                    > > I' ve given up!
                    > >
                    > > I have downloaded the new 2013 , all inclusive driver, but still indicating that missing dll, with or without the SI570 connected.
                    > > Other USB devices work perfect, including a USB 3 hub ! It works ok on XP.
                    > >
                    > > I am using:
                    > >
                    > > PC: Pavilion dm1
                    > > Processor AMD E-350 1.6GB
                    > > RAM: 4GB
                    > > System: Win 7 Ultimate with sp1 32 bits
                    > >
                    > > Have to look for an alternative to CFGSR
                    > >

                    > There IS no alternative to CFGSR for the Softrock.
                    > But it seems that the problem is that CFGSR is not running because for some reason the driver is not installing. libusb0.dll is the
                    > driver.
                    > From time to time installing the driver has been a difficult procedure, the new installation package was intended to overcome the
                    > problems some have had.
                    >
                    > If you want it to work you will have to dig deeper. I made this page to help I
                    > am not aware of anyone who has not got this working. In the last few years anyone who has discovered a new way has not read this
                    > page carefully.
                    >
                    > The only thing is USB3. This may give problems, but not much has been said about it. Avoid it if you can.
                    >
                    > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                  • Leonard McGarity
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 13, 2013
                      Just a question, if driver not being installed when you plug in usb from softrock, have you tried plug in with all other usb devices disconnected, especially wireless keyboards, mice, HIDs, etc.? What it took to get mine to install on Win 7 32 bit. Link, WV4I
                    • serracin7388
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
                        Thans all guys for your help and support.
                        When I have these kind of problems, I usually stop for a while, and will tackle it later. It is very easy for me to be doing some silly mistake !!