Re: PA transistor, power increase?

  • yo9irf
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
      I found those useless in broadband amplifiers because of the gain, wich has a HUGE variation from 1.8 to 30MHz. A pair of RD16HHF1 is less than US$10 and is much more linear, rugged and powerful, they will put out 20W with 1W drive in simple circuits, wich are very well documented all over the web.

      IRF510 can be used in tuned monoband circuits even up to 50MHz, if you are a bit careful with the very sensitive gate.