USB Headset works with HD-SDR 48-80 + Rx 160+BCB

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10 3:39 PM
      Hi all

      I recently built a 80-40m txrx ensemble board. Rx worked well, was able to get it to tx with IQgen, but having to 2nd sound card, I could not tx voice with it until recently.

      I found HD-SDR would work with a USB headphone+Mic that has a built in soundcard dongle. It is made by Cyber Acoustics. I don't know what the model number is, as it was found in the "Box o' crap" in our it closet at work. But Win xp id'ed it and loaded the correct drivers on its own.

      Interestingly found that the 80-40 txrx ensemble is capable of receiving 160m and lower. The Am broadcast band comes in rather well, but I suspect it is due to the strong signals from the local stations.

      More fun and listening to come!!