Re: [softrock40] Re: Problems at Ensemble RXTX RF I/O Switching Stage

  • John Rabson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2013
      On 5 Feb 2013, at 05:27CET, Jasmine Strong wrote:

      > Use a multimeter! Never trust a resistor, they're shocking liars.
      >
      > -J.
      Agreed. Even reputable suppliers have been known to get it wrong (47k when 43k was ordered).

      John F5VLF
    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2013
        Being color-blind, I ALWAYS follow my instruction to use the Ohmmeter vs. the color code.    The only use I make of the color code is (with my XYL's assistance) to initially sort out the resistors into like stacks.

        On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM, jwrobles <jim.wrobo@...> wrote:

        Robby and Alan,

        You are men of genius! Thanks, old eyes had a hard time distinguishing between red and brown.

        Jim

        --
        Cheers,
        Robby

        Richard R. (Robby) Robson
        LTC USA (RET)
      • John Williams
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2013
          Trying to determine red from brown on a blue background will make you
          think you are colorblind, for sure!

          John - ke5ssh

          --

          John Williams

          KE5SSH - ham since 2007
          WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm