Hello! – and - Yet another Software Q...

  • noydbnoydbnoydb
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hi all, SDR has renewed my interest in ham radio, and I have been reading this group with interest for some time now.

      I have a Ensemble up and running (in a wideband configuration - naturally I can't leave well enough alone, and have futzed around with the standard octave configuration).

      I am using it with PowerSDR 1.19, and with the exception of VAC for use with JT65 and other digital mode external apps, all works great.

      The only thing I see missing from PowerSDR are tunable notches. The Auto-notch works great for SSB, but can wreck JT65, and probably other narrow band modes.

      I have used:
      Rocky
      PowerSDR 1.12
      Power SDR 1.19
      HDSDR

      Of the group, PowerSDR 1.19 is the closest to a fully featured package, but is missing tunable notches.

      HDSDR is gorgeous, has great tunable notches, but lacks full TX processing and control.

      So my question – is there some software package that I am missing? One that has the functionality of PowerSDR 1.19, AND has tunable notch filters?
    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
        Check out PSDR 2.4 for Homebrew SDR
        and

        --
        Cheers,
        Robby

        Richard R. (Robby) Robson
        LTC USA (RET)
      • John Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
          I have HDSDR running with full TX and CAT control using FLDigi. Used to use PSDR 1.19.3.15 and it worked well but when I went to PSDR 2.4.4 the CPU util is too intensive on my older Pentuim 4 Dual core.

          You need to install CFGSR 2.6 and copy EXTIO_SI570.dll to the HDSDR folder to get full TX. Also make sure you are at the latest level of HDSDR. I am using the TS-50 xml file for CAT control from FLDigi to HDSDR that I downloaded from the FLDigi site. Works perfect for PSK31 here. I had JT65 running for PTT but not VFO a while ago on 1.19.3.15 but have not yet tried it with HDSDR. HDSDR does provide RTS/CTS signaling for PTT so it should work. Also, am running VAC 4.09.

          John - KE5SSH
          On 2/1/2013 7:57 AM, noydbnoydbnoydb wrote:

[...]

          KE5SSH - ham since 2007
          WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm