Re: [softrock40] IF exraction point TS120 Kenwood

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2013
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] IF exraction point TS120 Kenwood

      . By connecting my TS-590
      > casing to the PC's casing with a hefty lead the tock noise has gone,
      > plus I do believ my Softrock display is "cleaner" as well, with less
      > artifacts!

      Chris,

      Yes, there are two approaches to ground loops. (Ignoring transformers)
      Either make sure there is only one ground on the audio between SDR and soundcard.
      Or make all grounds really good, low resistance. This may be as effective as a cure. The fundamental problem is due to potential
      differences between the grounds. Good grounding will reduce these differences.