for you mac users

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2013
      QTRadio is being developed on the Linux platform but it's also being compiled for people to try on Windows- a bit less function though.
      I'd heard that the Windows version will run under WINE (on Mac) so I tried it today and sure enough it does run and fairly well. You have to be a bit of a hacker to understand how to install and run WINE on the Mac but many of you are.

      http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/QtRadio_on_Windows

      John
      KC9OJV
    • Tony Langdon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2013
        On 31/01/13 6:01 AM, John wrote:
        > QTRadio is being developed on the Linux platform but it's also being compiled for people to try on Windows- a bit less function though.
        > I'd heard that the Windows version will run under WINE (on Mac) so I tried it today and sure enough it does run and fairly well. You have to be a bit of a hacker to understand how to install and run WINE on the Mac but many of you are.
        >
        > http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/QtRadio_on_Windows
        WINE is pretty straightforward to install if you have MacPorts
        installed, though it will take a while. That's on older versions of OS
        X up to Snow Leopard. I believe X support has been dropped since, which
        means you probably have to install X as well. Google can help here, I'm
        sure.

        I managed to score a free copy of Crossover Office (the commercial WINE
        derivative) when the vendor had a giveaway last year, and use that
        nowadays for running Windows applications when a full blown VMware VM is
        not called for (I have VMware Fusion and Windows 7 when that is
        required). For the record, I have had success running HDSDR under
        VMware, though much prefer to run native or under WINE/Crossover Office
        for DSP/SDR software.

        --
        73 de Tony VK3JED
        http://vkradio.com