Re: [softrock40] Re: Newbie Test Software

  • Gordon JC Pearce
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 27, 2013
      On 27/01/13 05:22, rifkum wrote:
      > Hey Gordon,
      >
      > Well after your question I had to go back and take a look at SDR#
      > again.
      >
      > I think I preferred the waterfall interface on HDSDR more and some of
      > the frequency adjustment capabilities. I also liked the secondary
      > spectrum display of the specific bandwith that is currently tuned.
      > And the ability to use multiple notch filters to eliminate
      > interference. But that is probably a subjective evaluation. I
      > really did not spend a lot of time with SDR#.

      Give it another go. I haven't tried HDSDR because I don't have Windows
      and I don't particularly want to have to go and buy a whole new PC just
      to try one program, but it looks a hell of a lot better than most of the
      SDR software out there. I'm not keen on the "graphicy" buttons and
      unlabelled sliders, and it still looks a bit cluttered, but it's much
      better than say PowerSDR which just looks like someone threw a bucket of
      widgets at the screen and some of them stuck.

      > I think what one should do is try them all and see which one you
      > like. Not really wanting to throw rocks at SDR#... just had better
      > luck with HDSDR.

      I tried various SDRs and didn't like any of them, so I wrote my own.
      It looks like this:
      http://www.gjcp.net/~gordonjcp/lysdr.jpg
      and it works pretty well, although the window is still a bit too
      cluttered and widget-heavy for my taste.

      --
      Gordonjcp MM0YEQ