Re: [softrock40] Re: How to key Ameritron 811 with Ensemble RXTX

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013

      > Hi Chris,
      > I think that is what I need. I think I could just connect the 12v
      > keying voltage on hairpin of r37 to the Ameritron ARB-704 radio
      > jack? Maybe Tony can chime in on this?

      26/01/2013 23:00

      I am pretty sure it should work and not draw too much power. If it
      were my RXTX I'd just risk it and try it. It's not mine, so ask
      someone more knowledgeable before buying one ;) My ARB-704 came with
      my Collins vintage amp (I like old stuff, and very new stuff...). It's
      worked perfectly and although I could probably have built one for less
      I have to be realistic and put a value on my time, as sadly I am far
      from retired! 73, good luck Alex.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 28, 2013
        I went ahead and purchased the Ameritron ARB-704 amp keying interface. My question is, is it ok to connect the radio side of the ARB-704 to U4 the opto-isolator's 10v and ground? When keying the RXTX pin 4 of U4 goes to 0v. Looking at the pdf manual of the ARB-704, the first option of jumper settings should work, but I would like to get an expert opinion on that before I connect it to the RXTX and my Ameritron 811.

        Thanks
        Alex
        W6ACT

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Chris Wilson wrote:

        > > Hi Chris,
        > > I think that is what I need. I think I could just connect the 12v
        > > keying voltage on hairpin of r37 to the Ameritron ARB-704 radio
        > > jack? Maybe Tony can chime in on this?
        >

        > 26/01/2013 23:00
        >

        > I am pretty sure it should work and not draw too much power. If it
        > were my RXTX I'd just risk it and try it. It's not mine, so ask
        > someone more knowledgeable before buying one ;) My ARB-704 came with
        > my Collins vintage amp (I like old stuff, and very new stuff...). It's
        > worked perfectly and although I could probably have built one for less
        > I have to be realistic and put a value on my time, as sadly I am far
        > from retired! 73, good luck Alex.
        >

        > --
        > Best Regards,
        > Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY

      • Alex
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 28, 2013
          Here is the pdf For the Ameritron ARB-704

          http://www.ameritron.com/pdffiles/ARB-704.pdf

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" wrote:

          > I went ahead and purchased the Ameritron ARB-704 amp keying interface. My question is, is it ok to connect the radio side of the ARB-704 to U4 the opto-isolator's 10v and ground? When keying the RXTX pin 4 of U4 goes to 0v. Looking at the pdf manual of the ARB-704, the first option of jumper settings should work, but I would like to get an expert opinion on that before I connect it to the RXTX and my Ameritron 811.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Alex
          > W6ACT
          >
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Chris Wilson wrote:
          > >

          > > > Hi Chris,
          > > > I think that is what I need. I think I could just connect the 12v
          > > > keying voltage on hairpin of r37 to the Ameritron ARB-704 radio
          > > > jack? Maybe Tony can chime in on this?
          > >

          > > 26/01/2013 23:00
          > >

          > > I am pretty sure it should work and not draw too much power. If it
          > > were my RXTX I'd just risk it and try it. It's not mine, so ask
          > > someone more knowledgeable before buying one ;) My ARB-704 came with
          > > my Collins vintage amp (I like old stuff, and very new stuff...). It's
          > > worked perfectly and although I could probably have built one for less
          > > I have to be realistic and put a value on my time, as sadly I am far
          > > from retired! 73, good luck Alex.
          > >

          > > --
          > > Best Regards,
          > > Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY