Re: [softrock40] Problem with CFGSR

  • David Turnbull
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2013
      The SoftRock uses V-USB. The first bullet point of the features as well as the hardware info about 5V is of interest here.
      http://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/index.html

      73 David AE9RB
      http://AE9RB.com/

      On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Joe Vilardo <jvilardo@...> wrote:

      Well I finally got it  recognize the softrock ensemble as DG8SAQ-I2C by trying every single USB port on the computer, a total of 6.  When I tried the last one, a port on the front of the computer, not one of the 4 directly mounted on the MB, it recognized the softrock and the “unknown device” went away. If you ask me why it finally responded I haven’t got a clue!  Very frustrating experience to say the least.  The new driver install program that Alan suggested was a bust.

      Joe

      Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:02 PM
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Problem with CFGSR

      I had a problem with a Softrock Ensemble RXTX on an unpowered USB hub not enumerating on Linux.  That is, I had a bunch of devices (Softrock, USB audio, PowerMate, etc.) plugged into the hub, and when I plugged the hub into my computer everything on the hub came up except the Softrock.  The logs showed multiple attempts to enumerate the Softrock failing followed by the system giving up on it.

      I discovered I could fix the problem by rearranging the order of the devices on the hub.  In an ideal world this wouldn't make any sense, but apparently the legs of the hub get enumerated in a particular order, and the Softrock works fine in some positions and works not at all in other positions.  So now I just leave all the radio parts plugged into the hub, and they all just work when I plug the hub into my computer.

      The hub identifies as 058f:6254 from Alcor Micro Corp. and I confess I am a little amazed that this continues to work.

      -- rec --